Will 2017 be the year of cyber-wars ?
I have just being thinking about what happened in 2016. It was not a great year for internet security. But why do the Irish just shrug their shoulders and say ahh sure, that’s too technical for me, or I don’t have to worry about that.
As I type these words News rooms are spouting about Russia and there Government Hackers influencing the American presidential campaign, they also reportedly made the British vote for Brexit.
One MP said “We don’t have the evidence for that yet, but I think it’s highly probable.”
Remember the WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction)
The Edward Snowden leaked documents show that the NSA has a way of collecting evidence of Russian hacks, and monitor the Russian Internet Traffic round the clock Some say they let them in and allow them take Documents Why ? Because they are Fake Documents & Reports. It’s all a game way above our pay grade. Forget about it.
What we need to be concerned about is our Cyber Security
The following are just some of the Breach’s in 2016
- A number of Irish government and public sector websites were knocked offline by an apparent cyber-attack in January. The Websites including The Central Statistics Office, The Department Of Justice and the Courts Service.
- Irish Aviation Authority’s , The Drone register had a breach which allowed registered users ( the public ) to view names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers of other people registered on the site.
- Garda Siochana , “A hacking attempt was made on Garda computer systems. The attack, forced the shut down a number of internal systems in an attempt to prevent sensitive data from being reached. “They can’t even admit they were comprised.
- Eircom , said up to 130,000 of its broadband customers are at risk from hackers because of a weakness in the equipment
- “MEATH COUNTY COUNCIL confirmed that it had an attempt €4.3m taken from the Bank account” “and the funds are now frozen in a bank in Hong Kong, pending their return to the council”
- One thing is for sure we use the words “Apparent & Attempted “and we can’t admit we have a problem
Remember this is all just technical stuff and you don’t have to worry about. Sure you can fix-it when its Broken
November 17, 2017
June 28, 2017
January 23, 2017